1. Go to Scopus and click on "Create account". If you already have a Scopus account, press "Sign in" to log in.
2. Enter your email address and click on "Continue". Then enter your personal details and click on "Register".
3. Click on "Continue to Scopus".
4. Once logged in to Scopus, search for your name or one of your indexed publications and go to your Author Details page (accessed by clicking on your name when it appears in a search results list, a source document details page, or a document details page). Press "Edit profile" to change your data.
5. In the next window, click on "Proceed to make changes". Select your preferred signature form.
6. When you click on "Continue", it will ask you if that record belongs to you as the author. Select "Yes, this is my personal profile" and click on "Continue".
7. Due to variant publishing names Scopus may generate multiple IDs for the same author. Ensure you merge all your IDs to optimize your citation metrics.
Review the publications that appear collected in each of your signature forms (if you have more than one author record in Scopus, they will be merged into one) and click "Review Affiliation".
8. Select the institution you belong to and click "Confirm and Submit".
9. Click "Confirm and Submit" to finish.
A Scopus Author ID is automatically generated the first time one of your publications is indexed in Scopus. As such, it is worth creating an account and linking it with your profile.
It is also worth including the institutional email (@iese.edu) in the main email box, thus avoiding synchronization problems with other author profile