1. Sign in to Publons, go to the “My Records” section and click on “Publications” and then on “Import publications”.
2. There are several options for importing publications: from Web of Science, sync with ORCID, by identifier (e.g. title or DOI) or by file upload (RIS, CSV, or BIBTEX).
3. To import from Web of Science, click on "See my Web of Science publications".
4. Select your publications and click on "Import selected publications".
5. When importing from Web of Science, it may happen that no publication matches your email address and/or publishing names. Try refreshing this page after adding other email addresses and names you've published with, or use one of the alternative import methods outlined below.
6. To import through an identifier such as DOI or by the title of an article, open the "Import by identifier"(e.g. title or DOI) tab and use one of the two search engines that appear.
7. To import by file upload, select the file you want to upload and click the “upload” button to import your publications from an RIS, BibTex, or CSV file.
8. To import from ORCID, you must connect both profiles. This is explained in the "Connecting Publons with ORCID" section.
By connecting two author profiles from two different platforms, the posts on your profiles could be duplicated. Always check the posts on each profile every time you sync data.