If you already have a comprehensive ORCID profile, you can import publications directly from ORCID. To do this, first you need to authorize Publons to pull records from your ORCID.
Follow these steps to grant Publons permission to access your ORCID record.
1. Once you have logged into Publons, click on "Account" in the "Settings" section of the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. On the next page, you will be given the choice of connecting profiles from several different platforms. Click on "Connect” in the ORCID option.
3. Enter your ORCID username and password and sign in.
4. On the next screen, click on "Authorize". Once this is done, you will return to the Publons page.
5. Click on "Return to Publons".
6. To synchronize both profiles and the publications of each one, click on "Permissions" in the "Settings" section, in the menu on the left.
7. On the next page, click on "Grant Publons permission to update your ORCID works" and "Grant Publons permission to update your ORCID record". Each of these links will take you to the ORCID page where you will need to "Authorize" the synchronization. When finished, don’t forget to click on "Save changes".